5 Principles to Drive Transformation Through Insight
BGD founder, Sarah Palmer and Senior Innovation Manager at PepsiCo, Andrea Thompson, recently spoke at the MRS conference. Big Green Door shares the 5 key principles that can be applied to integrate insight into your business to drive transformation.
Increasingly the best insight is able to drive positive and lasting impact on business. Used in the right way, insight can lead the agenda for how to create winning strategies for brands.
We’ve identified 5 behaviours that make the difference:
- Keep an open mind: challenge existing assumptions about the category, adopting new methods for generating insight and new styles of working
- Step outside the normal frame of reference to see the bigger picture – look beyond the category and into the seismic cultural shifts happening around it, in attitudes and behaviour
- Join the dots: work with diverse and disparate inputs and take a holistic view. Line up layers of insight to move from the broader idea of the opportunity to the specifics of how to execute it on the ground
- Dynamic iteration: be prepared for a continuously evolving journey to learn, adapt and apply insight along the way . . . enabling a seamless and speedy transition from insight to execution
- Cross-functional collaboration is key to success, rather than silo’d thinking or ‘baton changing’. New ‘joined-up’ working styles across the innovation process ensure insights are absorbed into the bloodstream of the business and translated into actions quickly
In summary, we believe the climate for making transformation possible demands fostering good thought leadership, an open-minded culture and a collaborative cross-functional team embracing a fluid and cumulative journey.